UGM operates websites that sell DJ records, gear, equipment, clothing, and provides a digital record service primarily for music industry professionals and is owned and operated by UGM Unlimited, Inc. (a US corporation). Our digital record pool service (“Service”) will deliver promotional music and information (“Material”) regarding artists and labels through our website worldwide primarily to authorized music industry and non-broadcast/non-resale professionals and promoters. As applicable, for use only in (a) WITHIN UNITED STATES – ASCAP, BMI & SESAC performance rights compliant venues for promotional purposes only as defined by the US Copyright Act, and (b) OUTSIDE UNITED STATES – licensed performance venues as indicated by your country’s laws.
UGM may modify this Agreement from time to time without notice and in its sole discretion, and such modification shall be effective upon posting by UGM Unlimited, Inc. on the UGM website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the UGM website after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
1. Grant: UGM grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to review and download Materials on the website for promotional and personal/professional (i.e., non-commercial/non-resale) purposes only. Except as set forth here, no interest, title, rights or license to any software, documentation, hardware, or any intellectual property embodied or used in connection with the Materials, or the website is transferred to you. Use of and Account membership in the UGM Service is void where prohibited. By using the UGM Service, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the UGM Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation, (d) you shall indemnify UGM against any breach or violation by you of this agreement/law.
2. Termination: This Agreement is for an ongoing term, not specific in length, which may be terminated by either party without written notice. If UGM believes you are misusing your access to the website or that your login information has been compromised, your registration will be terminated immediately. Notwithstanding the foregoing, UGM may terminate your Account and access to the Service at any time, for any reason, without warning. Even after your Account is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
3. Fees: You acknowledge that UGM does and/or reserves the right to charge for the UGM Service and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion, and to charge customary late fees (the Subscription information is incorporated herein by reference). Once a subscription plan is purchased, you have 72 hours to receive a full refund. After 72 hours, subscriptions are non-refundable. If UGM terminates your Account because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees. If you cancel your UGM account before the renewal term, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password: When you sign up to become a Customer or Subscriber, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Customer or Subscriber at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify UGM immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Users: Users include, but are not limited to, Program Directors, Music Directors, Production Directors and Mixers of licensed radio stations, as well as college radio, satellite, internet, club, and mix show DJs. Information provided by potential users shall be verified. Upon verification, the user will have access to the UGM Service. Users shall be required to have and maintain an e-mail address on file with UGM.
6. Content: The Content Providers retain ownership of any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy and/or any other intellectual property rights they may have in the Materials (as UGM is an independent sub-contractor to non-exclusively market and promote the Content). UGM retains ownership in the website and any underlying programming, object code, source code, scripting, designs or systems therein.
7. Copyright Policy: The Material available through the Service is/are the property of the Content Providers or its licensors (or UGM) and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property laws. You may NOT substantially modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others (for profit or otherwise), and you have no right to provide any files obtained through the Service to any other party through any other means, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the UGM website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Support Staff with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the UGMDig website; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Once such documentation has been received and signature accepted by an authorized UGM officer, all offensive content will be removed from the Website or Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you shall be allowed to reasonably edit, re-mix, blend, mash-up, add intros/outros, compile and create derivative works of the Content and perform the Content online (including on mobile and tablet platforms) and offline in customary media (i.e., spinning at clubs/radio, mixtapes/CDs, mix shows, blogs, social media, audience-driven events, etc.), solely for promotional and non-commercial personal/professional use purposes, and with proper credit given to the Con tent Providers and underlying performers, producers, songwriters.
If you believe that infringement has taken place, please follow this link to our form to fill out the Copyright Infringement form.
8. Disclaimers: UGM is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the UGM Website or Service whether caused by Visitors of the UGM Website or Service or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the UGM Website or Service. The UGM Service are provided “AS-IS” and as available and UGM expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. UGM cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the UGM Website or Service. UGM may in its sole discretion and at any time without penalty or liability discontinue providing the Service without notice.
9. Limitation on Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL UGMDIG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE, EVEN IF UGMDIG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, UGMDIG’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO UGMDIG FOR THE UGMDIG SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
10. Disputes: If there is any dispute about or involving the UGMDig Website or Service, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of New York, City of Hempstead. Either UGM or you may demand that any dispute between UGM and you about or involving the UGM Website or Service must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Hempstead, New York, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent UGM from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
11. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold UGM, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any party due to or arising out of your use of the UGM Website or Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any content that posted on the UGM Website or through the UGM Service causes UGM to be liable to another.
13. Miscellaneous/Other: This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the UGM Website or any of the UGM Service and is further affirmed by you obtaining an Account. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and UGM regarding the use of the UGM Website and Service. The failure of UGM to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. You must be of legal age to use the Service.
All questions regarding this Agreement can be forwarded to email@example.com.